Licenses for your Childcare Business

It goes without saying that in California your childcare business must be licensed by the state. This is true for most states, however there are other important licenses that you will need to consider. Be sure to check with your city and county for additional business licenses. If you are in California, once of the best places for information is the California State Board of Equalization http://www.boe.ca.gov/ . Use the website to learn what license and permits are required for you.  In addition there are links to useful information on how to complete the license and permits and a business center that offers tips for your specific business.

We recommend that you keep all of your license and permits in one location visible for inspections and for the public. A well run child care business will be on top of all license, permits and inspections and should be proud to feature this to potential clients. Though this list is not comprehensive some of the documents that you should display are:

* License and Registration

* Fire Department Inspection Reports including Fire Extinguisher

* State Child Care License Inspection Reports

* Your evacuation plan and the record of the drills

* Your awards and accreditations


Got something to say? Join the discussion ยป

Leave a Reply

 [Quick Submit with Ctrl+Enter]

Remember my details
Notify me of followup comments via e-mail

or call