Are you a contractor?
Hello, my name is JP with Ted Hamm Insurance Agency and I’m here to provide you with your industry overview.
Part of our goal here at Ted Hamm Insurance or THIA, is to inform and educate so with that I just wanted to provide you with 5 key exposures affecting contractors in their operations.
· Property – Tools, equipment both on the job and in the office is one exposure to consider
· Auto – If you are using your personal vehicle for business, you may not be properly covered.
· Employee Safety – Do you have employees working for you? If so your employees, in the eyes of insurance, are exposures that you’re going to want to consider. Ensure their safety to protect your assets.
· Liability – If someone decides to sue you, a lawsuit with no liability coverage could bankrupt the contractor.
· Cyber - More and more contractors are using technology both onsite & in office to store customer information, track invoices, etc. So it would be wise to include cyber as an exposure.
The Takeaway: If you’re a contractor reach out to your agent to make sure your properly covered. Having the proper liability coverage should be the first exposure you consider.