Workers Compensation in Paso Robles CA & Atascadero CA
Coverage for the Key Employees of Your Business
Employees are the key to any business. They are the cogs that keep your business’ operations running smooth day to day and it is important to keep each employee safe and happy. Unfortunately, employee injuries are not typically covered under basic general liability insurance. Instead, you will need a workers compensation policy tailored for your business.
Ted Hamm Insurance works with business owners to protect their employees day in and day out. Our insurance professionals will help you evaluate the risks your employees face and tailor a policy to protect them and your business.
What is Workers Compensation Insurance?
Workers compensation is an insurance policy designed to protect your business’ employees in case they are injured on the job. Not only does this insurance offer compensation to injured employees directly, but it also provides coverage for the business in case an employee decides to sue for their injuries.
What Does Workers Compensation Insurance Cover?
Workers compensation covers four main areas when it comes to employee injuries:
- Medical Payments: Medical payments is one of the most basic and common portions of workers compensation. This provides compensation for medical bills associated with the work injury such as emergency medical attention, surgery, procedures, tests and prescription medication.
- Disability Benefits: With some injuries, the employee may be left with a temporary or permanent disability. In this case, workers compensation insurance can cover the employee’s expenses related to the disability such as medical bills, time off, rehabilitation and physical therapy. This can also include vocational benefits if the employee must train in a different industry due to their injury.
- Wage Replacement: Wage replacement pays a portion of the employee’s wages while they are unable to work due to a work-related injury. This includes if the employee is unable to return to work or can only return with limited mobility.
- Death Benefits: In the rare and unfortunate case in which an employee passes away due to their work-related injury, death benefits can be paid to their remaining family members through workers compensation.
Protect Your Employees Today
Get a workers compensation policy tailored for your business. Call Ted Hamm Insurance at
(805) 238-1818 or fill out an online quote form to get started today.
Common Workers Compensation Insurance Questions
Essentially any of your employees should be covered under workers compensation, including full time, part time or seasonal. Business partners may choose to be excluded from workers compensation in certain states.
The amount of workers compensation you need depends on the number of employees you have and your industry. Industries that provide a higher risk of injury should generally carry more workers compensation insurance. Be sure to speak with an insurance agent about how much coverage your business needs.
As with most other states, California law requires employers to carry workers compensation. Any employer with even a single employee in California must offer workers compensation insurance.
Workers compensation is crucial for protecting your employees and your business. Without it, employees could face medical bills for injury out of pocket—which could turn into an uncovered lawsuit against your business.